Monday, June 14, 2:30-6pm
Nine-year old Linkin Eger is no stranger to the up-hill battle with cancer. At just two years old, he was diagnosed with a tumor on his brain. Surgery removed most of the tumor, but the cancer would return five years later. Linkin underwent chemotherapy treatment at the age of 7, every week for one year. Along with his treatment, Linkin needed blood transfusions because he was very anemic. He also required several platelet transfusions. The donors who provided those precious gifts have helped Linkin to thrive. CLICK HERE to read more of Linkin's story and others who have benefited from a life-saving gift of blood.
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, Versiti Blood Center of Indiana is experiencing a critical need for blood donors. Maintaining a safe blood supply is crucial to the well-being of patients in our community.
Notes about this blood drive:
- Proper personal protective equipment (PPE) is worn by all Versati Blood Center employees.
- All persons—employees, volunteers and donors—will be required to wear masks.
- Safe social distancing (SSD) will be exercised, utilizing Celebration Hall.
- Refreshments offered after giving blood will be prepackaged to ensure proper sanitation.
- Click here to read the Versati Blood Center Coronavirus FAQs.