Current job openings
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRY
Click here for the job description. Send your resume and cover letter to .
Job Type: Part Time
Salary Range: $15-$18 per hour
Purpose: To provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to the children (ages 0-5) while at our church during Sunday worship times and other events and activities.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide age-appropriate care which includes: feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play, and prayer.
Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the service. Child care hours include every Sunday from 8:15 AM to 12:15 PM (as long as we have children). You are expected to work all Sundays even if it falls on a holiday. You will have the option to work other church events, i.e. Easter, Christmas, Meetings, DivorceCare, etc. The opportunity for extra work will be announced ahead of time. If you choose to work extra at these other events, the hour(s) of the nursery will be specified.
- Stay until the children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration form.
- Make requests for time off in plenty of time preferably two weeks in advance.
- Implement the approved curriculum and follow the planned schedule for each age group.
- In the event of an emergency, notify the Family Ministry Director. In that person’s absence, they will leave someone else as the emergency contact.
- Straighten the room and clean any toys before leaving.
- Report to the Family Ministry Director any issues which are hindering the carry out of the duties or responsibilities.
- Recieve training in and abide by Safe Sanctuary and Child Discipline policy
- Experience in caring for children between the ages of 0 to 5 with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities.
At least 18 years of age
- Satisfactory completion of a background check.
- Satisfactory completion of CPR training for infants and children.
- Must adhere to United Methodist Church Child Protection Policy Guidelines.
- Three references (include name, job title, phone number, and email address)