February 25 will launch a special time in the life of our congregation we are calling a Season of Prayer. Our goal is to deepen our use of prayer so it becomes a tool of transformation for our lives and for the life of the community. Four Sundays will be dedicated to sharing a new dimension to prayer and we will be providing several opportunities to experience transformative prayer. Here is a list of the options you may wish to take advantage of in order to deepen your connection with God:
1) Pray the All-Church Initiative Prayer based on Joel 2:28 each day at 2:28pm beginning February 25. Imagine the power of our church united in prayer together!
2:28 DAILY PRAYER
Lord God, we come seeking your dreams and visions for Noblesville First. We need you to do in our lives and world what we cannot do ourselves. Lead us out into the community to the people we are called to love. Transform our lives so completely that others will desire Jesus’ life. Teach us to reach every generation with your unconditional love and forgiveness so we may be unified as one body in Christ. Amen.
2) Light a candle for a prayer need or on behalf of another person before or after the 9:30 service each Sunday in Lent in our newly updated Prayer Room (north side of Celebration Hall).
3) Experience the anointing of oil for blessing and healing at all three services after you’ve taken communion on Sunday, March 4.
4) Experience the Prayer Gathering on Monday’s 11:15am-noon. Come weekly or monthly, whatever works in your schedule. Contact Carol Miller at moc.t1534851786srife1534851786llivs1534851786elbon1534851786@rell1534851786imc1534851786.
5) Join the Prayer Walking rotation team. Come anytime during the week to prayer walk the pews and chairs in the Sanctuary, Celebration Hall, the Vine and Children's Ministry areas. Pray for the people who will be filling them so God may make himself known during the worship experience. Contact Martha Lyon at moc.o1534851786ohay@1534851786noylt1534851786mver1534851786.
6) Attend a newly formed Growth Group that will meet during March using Pastor Aaron’s Prayer Guide ... week 1, week 2. Contact Pastor Aaron at moc.1534851786tsrif1534851786elliv1534851786selbo1534851786n@sbb1534851786oha1534851786for more information.
7) Sign up to pray for 30 minutes during the Good Friday Prayer Vigil on March 30, 7am to 7pm. Vigils will be held in Whitcomb Chapel (across from the Sanctuary) and in the Prayer Chapel (north side of Celebration Hall). Materials will be provided to assist that prayer time. Sign up for a 30-minute shift on the sheets posted outside each chapel.
8) Attend the Maundy Thursday and/or Good Friday services at 7pm during Holy Week, March 29 & 30.