Did you know?
1.1 billion people in the world survive on less than $1 a day for food.
Almost 16,000 children worldwide die of hunger-related causes each day ... one child every five seconds.
In Hamilton County alone, over 27,000 people live on food stamps, and the county is home to 46 food pantries.
What can you do?
To the Hamilton County CROP Hunger Walk. Click here to donate online. Click "Donate to a Team" and type "NoblesvilleFirstUMC" for the team name. Cash or checks can be given to any CROP Walk team member or left in the church office.
In the CROP Hunger Walk on Sunday, October 15 with the Noblesville First team!
Because of extensive construction in Carmel, the Hamilton County walk is joining forces with the Indianapolis walk this year.
75% of the funds raised help provide food and clean water to those in need around the world. 25% stays here in Hamilton County to support our local food pantries.
Click here to register to walk with the Noblesville First team.
- Location: Christian Theological Seminary, 1000 W. 42nd Street, Indianapolis. Look for the tents.
- Time: Registration begins at 1pm. Recognitions program starts at 1:30pm. Walk begins at 2pm.
- Route: Around 3.5 miles long through the Butler-Tarkington Neighborhood.
- Parking: Free parking is available at the Interchurch Center (just west of the registration area) and in the Christian Theological Seminary parking area; handicapped parking is available north of the tent (marked area). No street parking is permitted along 42nd St. Car pooling is encouraged!
- Refreshments: Cool water only is provided along the walk route. Walkers are welcome to carry snacks to munch on along the trail.
- Bring canned/boxed food for distribution immediately to local food programs.
- No funds are to be brought on Walk Day for security reasons.
- No roller skates, in-line blades, unicycles, bicycles, scooters, or tricycles are permitted on Walk Day (safety concerns). However, necessary wheels are fine (wheel chairs, baby buggies, strollers, wagons carrying young children).
Questions? Contact Noblesville First team captains Joseph & Ana Chimbanda moc.l1521581295iamg@1521581295ajadn1521581295abmih1521581295c1521581295 or 720-289-1477